Government Health Care - A Profit Center for Fraud

  • Barry Zalma
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 11 KB
    Barry Zalma

    4441 Sepulveda Boulevard

    CULVER CITY CA 90230

    310-390-4455

    <mailto:zalma@...> zalma@...

    <http://www.zalma.com/> www.zalma.com

    Government Health Care - A Profit Center for Fraud

    Culver City CA - August 1, 2009:

    The author of Zalma's Insurance Fraud Letter (ZIFL), Barry Zalma explains
    that government supported health insurance - like Medicare or Medicaid or
    that presently pending in Congress - is not insurance since there is no
    contract. Once you are eligible for Medicare you get it regardless of your
    health condition as long as you are more than 65-years-old. There is no
    written contract between the citizen and the government with any terms. The
    government does not underwrite the coverage - they take everyone. This is
    not insurance, it is a gift from the taxpayer to anyone who needs medical
    services. Because it is a gift major defenses to fraud available to insurers
    disappear. Mr. Zalma reminds ZIFL's readers about the law of unintended
    consequences and that when something is "free" or appears to be free, it
    will be used to excess. When my parents - Mom is now 97 - first got on
    Medicare and learned that their doctor's visits were "free," their rare
    visits to doctors increased from once a year to three visits a week. It was
    the number one entertainment exercised by those who lived in the retirement
    community where they lived. There are not enough doctors in the world to
    service those in the United States who will want to use "free" medical care.
    If you think medical care and medical insurance is expensive now, wait until
    it's free.

    Insurance fraud, according to Zalma, grows logarithmically in proportion to
    the amount of money available to steal.

    ZIFL reports twice a month on insurance fraud issues. In the current issue
    of ZIFL Mr. Zalma report on convictions for insurance fraud with punishments
    ranging for probation and a slap on the hand to 97 months in Federal Prison.
    "Until there is consistency in fraud prosecutions" Mr. Zalma said,
    "Insurance fraud will continue to grow and bleed the economy and those who
    need insurance will continue to pay more than necessary."

    Barry Zalma explains in the current issue of ZIFL available free at
    <http://www.zalma.com/> http://www.zalma.com, reports on many convictions
    for insurance fraud that seem to be growing as fast as the economy goes into
    the hole, a different kind of insurance fraud where insider trading
    defrauded insurance company stockholders, a report on the concerns of the
    California Department of Insurance because of an increase in fraud, and on
    how one woman turned in a fraud and was rewarded with a $10 million fee. The
    July 15, 2009 and August 1, 2009 issues of Zalma's Insurance Fraud Letter
    (ZIFL) are available FREE on line at <http://www.zalma.com/>
    http://www.zalma.com. In addition back issues of ZIFL are available for only
    $1.00 each at <http://www.zalma.com/ZIFL.HTM.>
    http://www.zalma.com/ZIFL.HTM.

    ZIFL continues its thirteenth year of publication dedicated to those
    involved in reducing the effect of insurance fraud. ZIFL is published 24
    times a year by ClaimSchool. It is provided free to clients and friends of
    the Law Offices of Barry Zalma, Inc., clients of Zalma Insurance Consultants
    and anyone who subscribes at <http://www.zalma.com/> http://www.zalma.com.
    Mr. Zalma also writes Zalma on Insurance where you can multiple articles on
    insurance issues and the ZIFL archives at
    <http://www.zalma.com/ZALMAONINSURANCE-INDEX.htm>
    http://www.zalma.com/ZALMAONINSURANCE-INDEX.htm.

    Mr. Zalma is an internationally recognized insurance coverage and insurance
    claims handling expert witness or consultant. Mr. Zalma's law practice is
    limited to the representation of insurers and those in the business of
    insurance. He is available to provide advice and counsel concerning
    insurance fraud, first and third party insurance coverage issues, bad faith
    and first party insurance appraisals.

    To be on the FREE mailing list as a subscriber to ZIFL please go to
    http://www.zalma.com and insert your e-mail address in the box indicated and
    you will be automatically subscribed to the text version of ZIFL. ZIFL will
    be posted for a full month in pdf and full color FREE at
    <http://www.zalma.com./> http://www.zalma.com.

    If you need additional information contact Barry Zalma at 310-390-4455.

    -----

    Regards,

    <http://www.readyshare.com/Users/zalma@zalma-com/BZINC-LOGO.jpg>
    Barry Zalma
    Law Office
    Barry Zalma, Inc.
    and
    Zalma Insurance Consultants
    4441 Sepulveda Boulevard
    Culver City, California 90230-4844
    (310) 390-4455
    Fax: (310) 391-5614
    <mailto:zalma@...> zalma@...
    <http://www.zalma.com> http://www.zalma.com

    _____

    This message was filtered through Anti-Virus software before it was sent. I
    have attempted to protect you against the inadvertent transmission of a
    computer virus.

    The pages comprising this e-mail message contain confidential information
    from the law office of Barry Zalma, Inc.

    This information is intended solely for use by the individual or entity
    named as the recipient hereof. If you are not the intended recipient, be
    aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
    this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
    error, please notify us by telephone immediately so we may arrange to
    retrieve this transmission at no cost to you. Please destroy all copies,
    whether printed, electronic or in your computer's memory.

    _____
  • insurancelawyer
    Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2009
      I couldn't agree more. For many of the elderly, going to the doctor is their favorite hobby. And also for many of them, getting something "free" is a thrill beyond description. A lot of them will be at the doctor's every day if you let them, and don't charge them.

      Of course the whole system will collapse, and then only the most seriously injured who are capable of being saved will get any medical care at all.

      In time of war, under battlefield conditions, wounded soldiers are brought to triage. Those with repairable wounds to arms and legs are patched up and sent to recover. Those with head and stomach wounds, which require a long time for surgery and have lower survival rates, are often set aside and left to die because there are only enough doctors available to save the lightly wounded.

      When we have free universal health care, Darwin's law will kick in. There isn't enough money in the world to give everyone the level of medical attention they want and need.

      Funny how so many people think they are entitled to something that costs a lot of money.