New poll for TheRogakReport

  • TheRogakReport@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 24, 2003
      TheRogakReport group:

      How useful do you find THE ROGAK REPORT
      to be in your daily work?

      o Extremely useful
      o Very useful
      o Useful
      o Occasionally useful
      o Not very useful

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • TheRogakReport@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 12, 2004
        TheRogakReport group:

        What should be the liability of tobacco
        companies to smokers and their
        survivors?

        o Absolute liability for death and illness for making a dangerous product
        o Comparative liability based on the smoker's level of awareness of the risk
        o Liability, but with capped damages
        o Liability only for those made ill by second-hand smoke
        o No liability at all -- smokers assume the risk

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • TheRogakReport@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 28, 2004
          TheRogakReport group:

          When you vote for President this
          November, how much will your choice be
          influenced by the fact that the
          Democratic Party tends to be more
          plaintff-oriented, and is influenced by
          the Trial Lawyers Association, while
          the Republican Party is more defendant-
          oriented, and is more tort-reform
          oriented?

          o I will be strongly influenced; this is one of my key issues
          o The issue is important to me, but not a top priority; but all things being equal, it could tip me one way or the other
          o It is a factor to me, but not likley to affect my vote
          o This is not a factor in my political decisions

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • TheRogakReport@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 22, 2005
            TheRogakReport group:

            How often do you read THE ROGAK REPORT?

            o Almost every day
            o 2 - 3 times per week
            o About once a week
            o Whenever the subject matter pertains to my business
            o Hardly ever; I don't know why I subscribed. I am a very confused person.

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • TheRogakReport@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 22, 2005
              TheRogakReport group:

              In addition to daily case law reviews,
              what additional features would you
              enjoy seeing in THE ROGAK REPORT on a
              regular basis?

              o Larry's droll observations about our culture, people and politics
              o Funny insurance claim stories
              o Interviews with judges, attorneys, and other people in the insurance business
              o Links to interesting audio and video clips
              o I think it's perfect just as it is
              o I would prefer if it were more dull and stiff, to match my personality

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • TheRogakReport@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 26, 2005
                TheRogakReport group:

                An auto insurance company files for loss transfer arbitration against your company, demanding reimbursement of no-fault payments made to its insured. At the arbitration, it is ruled that your insured was 60% at fault for the accident and an award of $5,000 is issued against your company. When you pay the award, which coverage line do you pay it from? The no-fault line, because you are reimbursing the other company for no-fault? Or the liability line, because the award is based on actual fault? I will provide the correct answer after the poll closes. Larry Rogak

                o The no-fault line
                o The liability line
                o Depends on whether the

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • TheRogakReport@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 12, 2008
                  TheRogakReport group:

                  Which schedule of legal fees gives an insurance company the best value for the money?

                  o Hourly rate
                  o Flat fees
                  o Modular (task-based) fees
                  o Only a law firm that is both skilled and loyal to the client can give the best value for the money, regardless of the fee schedule
                  o None of the above/other

                  web site listed above.

                  Thanks!
                • TheRogakReport@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 12, 2008
                    TheRogakReport group:

                    Which of the candidates or potential candidates for President this November do you feel would have the most adverse effect or influence (from a defense standpoint) on liability lawsuits?

                    o Barak Obama
                    o Hillary Clinton
                    o John McCain
                    o None of the above would have an adverse influence
                    o All of the above would have an adverse influence

                    web site listed above.

                    Thanks!
                  • TheRogakReport@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 12, 2008
                      TheRogakReport group:

                      Does the format of THE ROGAK REPORT need improvement?

                      o It's fine just as it is.
                      o I'd prefer something like Blogger where reader comments appear below entries.
                      o I'd like something more interactive (email me with details, please)
                      o I'd like to see more features (email details, please)

                      web site listed above.

                      Thanks!
                    • TheRogakReport@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 20, 2009
                        TheRogakReport group:

                        In view of the Second Department's decision in "East Acupuncture v. Allstate," what would be the most astute tactic for medical providers seeking to avoid its effect?

                        o Bring no-fault suits in Manhattan and Bronx, where the decision is not binding.
                        o Commence suit as soon as possible after a denial, since interest is tolled until commencement.
                        o Start bringing suits in Third Department counties, where there are few experienced NF defense counsel and "LMK" is the ruling case.
                        o Opt for AAA arbitration instead of court, and see if arbitrators apply the new rule.

                        web site listed above.

                        Thanks!