Trends in advertising

  • deborah_mahila
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 18, 2001
      What are some of the trends in advertising?
      Firstly, banner ads are still the most popular form of
      advertsing. Direct advertsing through dedicated opt-in
      mailing lists is increasing in popularity and can be very
      effective. <br><br>Referral programs and especially links
      posted in emails have proven not to work very well.
      People get irritated about getting spammed and they will
      develop a dislike for the company behind it. So, it's
      negative advertising in that sense. <br><br>For this
      reason, all referral programs are tainted. A new
      development is to use statistics to find out who did send
      large number of visitors/buyers. Stats are available
      showing the page that visitors come from, so companies
      know this and can seek to reward the one behind this
      in various ways. <br><br>Giving financial rewards as
      in affiliate programs is only one way and it's bound
      to attract spammers. What works better is to reward
      webmasters by giving them a link/banner on a links page, or
      to reward them in other ways with traffic. An
      excellent program in this regard it to offer an award to
      the one who has sent over most visitors.<br><br>Hope
      this was interesting!<br>Deborah
    • aerosmithfan.geo
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 28, 2001
        Have you heard that groups and clubs are now finally being integrated? I hope this place will keep its name!
      • nachamarana
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2001
          Yes, I also hope that this place will keep its name - I like it. Duplicate names is a big issue!
        • cloggingmusic
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 22, 2001
            One thing I'm looking forward to is being able to
            post and read messages by email, as well as to
            subscribe and unsubscribe by email. I love doing things by
            email, and I think traffic and membership would be much
            higher if those features were available for a place like
            this one.<br><br>Anyway, have a great holiday!
          • group_creator
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 8, 2002
              Yes, looks great! <br>Happy New Year, everyone!