OT: Exciting News

  • penelopeweasel2007
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      All right, so it's mostly exciting to me, but I'm hoping that my excitement will be contagious.  At least it's not as dangerous as some of the other contagious things that are making the rounds this time of year.

      Yesterday my novel, Takuhi's Dream, was released for downloads from a brand new publisher, that's been gestating for the past year.  This is especially exciting for me because it was my first novel.  I started it in 1974, worked on it off and on over the years, when I wasn't trying to obtain gainful straight employment, and finished it a few weeks after my daughter, now 26, was born in '82.   It is for a Young Adult audience (ages 13-17) and so has no sex, but that doesn't mean that regular adults can't read it.  After all, how many millions of adults bought the Harry Potter books for themselves?  It is SciFi, and takes place in the far future when humankind has moved off the Earth and spread out across the Galaxy.  My heroine is a young professional, one of those who explore new worlds, and either ok them for colonization, or encounter the people already on the world and decide what kind of relationship that culture can have with the rest of the settled Galaxy.

      The brand-new publisher I mentioned is FireDrake's Weyr.  A weyr is a dragon's nest or den.  Where to find the book?  Go to http://www.firedrakesweyr.com , click on New Releases, and scroll down until you come to Takuhi's Dream.  I sure hope you can download a copy.  Don't be distressed by the author's name.  I am Rita Trevalyan.  That's my nom de plume.  That's just to protect my SSI payments.
      Tegwedd ShadowDancer
    • Dylan Cook
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2008
        I am happy for you Tegwedd.  Where can I buy it?  I will get it with the money from my cds...Perhaps you could in turn buy one of my cds from me.

        Dylan