Imbolc:What Do People Normally Do For It?

  • Dylan Cook
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2007
      Dear Everyone
      I've been so busy I haven't done anything for Imbolc and was wondering if anyone would
      like to join me in an online ritual in yahoo IM this week as a belated celebration. If anyone
      has any ideas on how to celebrate please let me know. I have some ideas based on what I've
      read in books but I thought we could come up with out own for a chance. I get tired of just
      doing what other people do because I am too lazy to be creative lol:-).

      In Love Peace and Merriment
      Dylan
    • Tezra Reitan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2007
        I'll field this question.  Normally I would write the ritual for Imbolc.
        One I did a few years ago that was especially effective had to do with
        candles for each person in the circle.  It's best to use red and white
        candles, since red and white are the colors of Brigid, the patron
        Goddess of Imbolc.  As each candle is lit, each person says, "I light
        the way for..." and adds some quality that the person desires, such
        as prosperity, healing, happiness, creativity, etc.  Use your own desired
        qualities.  Another thing we like to do for this Sabbat is, since Brigid
        is the Goddess of the forge, of smithcraft, we gather our magickal tools
        and have them charged and blessed.  Pass them over the flame of
        a candle for fire, through incense smoke for air, sprinkled with salt
        for earth, and sprinkled with water for water.   I hope this helps  to
        illuminate the subject for you and may even suggest a ritual you can
        plan for next year's Imbolc.
        Tegwedd ShadowDancer  aka  Rita  Trevalyan  author of
        Yule Yelps [The Fattigman Files] available at http://www.silksvault.com/booktitles/YuleYelps.htm
        Arianrhod's Bracelet available at http://www.silksvault.com/booktitles/ArianrhodsBracelet.htm
        Aengus' Sweet Duet available at http://www.silksvault.com/booktitles/AengusSweetDuet.html