Balu's new book: Reconceptualizing India Studies

  • jakobderoover
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
      Dear friends and fellow heathens,

      Balu's new book has come out with Oxford University Press: S.N.
      Balagangadhara, Reconceptualizing India Studies (New Delhi: OUP, 2012)!
      Here are some links:
      http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780198082965.do#.UEI6aMFy41I
      <http://>
      http://www.oup.co.in/isbn/9780198082965 <http://>
      http://www.amazon.com/Reconceptualizing-India-Studies-S-Balagangadhara/d\
      p/0198082967/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346517666&sr=8-1&keywords=reconcept\
      ualizing+india+studies <http://>
      yours
      Jakob

    • jakobderoover
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
        Dear friends and fellow heathens,

        The yahoo rich text editor screwed up the previous message, so here it
        goes again:
        Balu's new book has come out with Oxford University Press: S. N.
        Balagangadhara, Reconceptualizing India Studies (New Delhi: OUP, 2012).
        Here are the links to the OUP websites:
        OUP India <http://www.oup.co.in/isbn/9780198082965>

        OUP UK
        <http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780198082965.do#.UEI6aMFy41I>

        yours
        Jakob

      • Kranthikeshvara K
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2012
          Can you please share the Table of Contents?

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2012
            Here is the table of contents:

            Introduction 1

            1. Culture and the Cultural: Problems, Pitfalls, and a Proposal 13

            2. The Future of the Present: Rethinking the Post-Colonial
            Project 34

            3. Comparative Science of Cultures: A Methodological
            Reflection 60

            4. Colonialism and Colonial Consciousness 95

            5. India and Her Traditions: An Open Letter to Jeffrey Kripal 121

            6. Are Dialogues Antidote to Violence? 147

            7. Intercultural Encounters, Reasonable Dialogues, and
            Normative Political Theory 169

            8. The Secular State and the Religious Conflict 198

            Conclusion 228

            --- In TheHeathenInHisBlindness@yahoogroups.com, Kranthikeshvara K <kranthikesvara@...> wrote:

            > Can you please share the Table of Contents?

          • kannan7s
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2012
              Hi Jakob,

              Just happened to click this way today and good to see this note from you.

              I just tried finding this book on Amazon and it says the book would be shipped in 1 to 2 months. One month may be okay, but two months is too long! Is there a faster way to get it?

              Trust all is well at your end.

              Best,
              Kannan

              --- In TheHeathenInHisBlindness@yahoogroups.com, "jakobderoover" <jakobderoover@...> wrote:

              > Dear friends and fellow heathens,
              >
              > Balu's new book has come out with Oxford University Press: S.N.
              > Balagangadhara, Reconceptualizing India Studies (New Delhi: OUP, 2012)!
              > Here are some links:
              > http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780198082965.do#.UEI6aMFy41I
              > <http://>
              > http://www.oup.co.in/isbn/9780198082965 <http://>
              > http://www.amazon.com/Reconceptualizing-India-Studies-S-Balagangadhara/d\
              > p/0198082967/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346517666&sr=8-1&keywords=reconcept\
              > ualizing+india+studies <http://>
              > yours
              > Jakob

            • Jakob De Roover
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
                Hey Kannan,

                Yes, all is well on our end. How are you and your family doing?

                I think the fastest way of getting the book is ordering it from some Indian website or the OUP India site. It has only been released there so far and the Amazon price is much too high compared to the Indian price. We haven't received any copies ourselves so far, so perhaps it is better to wait for some time before ordering.

                cheers

                Jakob

                ________________________________
                Just happened to click this way today and good to see this note from you.

                I just tried finding this book on Amazon and it says the book would be shipped in 1 to 2 months. One month may be okay, but two months is too long! Is there a faster way to get it?

                Trust all is well at your end.

                Best,
                Kannan

                --- In TheHeathenInHisBlindness@yahoogroups.com, "jakobderoover" <jakobderoover@...> wrote:

                > Dear friends and fellow heathens,
                >
                > Balu's new book has come out with Oxford University Press: S.N.
                > Balagangadhara, Reconceptualizing India Studies (New Delhi: OUP, 2012)!
                > Here are some links:
                > http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780198082965.do#.UEI6aMFy41I
                > <http://>
                > http://www.oup.co.in/isbn/9780198082965 <http://>