Re: Stories and History

  • ss
    Message 1 of 57 , Mar 6, 2012
      Is intent an inherent property of stories?

      Do human storytellers necessarily intend ( to make an assertion/ truth claim) a message when they formulate a story?

      Can stories arise in the absence of any such events
    • shankar1295
      Message 57 of 57 , Mar 26, 2012
        Divya,
        Hi. Just regarding the following part of your post:

        <indigenous1985@...> wrote:
        > Or, alternatively, you could train yourself to never allow yourself to get hooked by your anger inclinations and never be angry again.

        I don't think our traditions can teach us to give up anger. If that were the case, why were the great Rishis in our stories like Durvasa or Viswamitra still prone to violent outbursts of anger despite all their achievements? I think the enlightened rather than giving up anger, learn to manage it by realising that it is not 'their anger'.

        -Shankar.