Recent Article from Current Science on Ramayana's Sanjeevani

  • Kranthikeshvara K
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2009
      This could be of interest to you.
      http://www.ias.ac.in/currsci/aug252009/484.pdf

      Abstract:This article reports our attempt to explore the possible plants that could represent Sanjeevani – the mythical herb from the epic Ramayana. Our search was based on a set of criteria developed from the consistent details available from the epic on the names of the herb in different languages, its habitat, medicinal values and the ability to ‘resurrect’ life. Accordingly, from an initial list of potential candidate species, we have filtered two species on which initial studies can be focused. However, our search is not complete and hence not final, as there could be other approaches and accordingly, other suggestions as well for Sanjeevani.

      Now, send attachments up to 25MB with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how. http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/photos