Re: Hindu approach to alcoholics anonymus

  • indigenous1985
    Message 1 of 32 , May 1, 2009
      --- In TheHeathenInHisBlindness@yahoogroups.com, vnr1995 <vnr1995@...> wrote:

      > Anyway, just adding a link to Balu's posting to not let this thread hang in
      > mid-air.

      Thanks for digging up this old post, vnr. It was very helpful.
    • vnr1995
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 2, 2009

        The above post will help your clarify some of doubts, I believe.

        Indian secularism debates ( taking some or another stance wrt religion is a
        private affair) is an instance of the the process of secularization of an
        empirical religion which Christianity is. Religion does not depend upon any
        antecedents (for instance, the rationality of John Horgan while ditching
        Buddhism). However, when it exists among human beings, it is constrained.
        Secularization is a process that tries to get rid of many such constraints.
        We also need to distinguish the secularization of *the* religion and that of
        *a* religion as well to understand whats going on.