Caste system and Supreme Judges

  • durvasha
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
      Two articles by Justice Markandey Katju, Judge of the Supreme Court of
      India.
      http://www.hindu.com/2009/01/08/stories/2009010853480800.htm
      http://www.hindu.com/2009/01/09/stories/2009010953161000.htm

      Shocking!

      -Bala-
    • Mariappan L
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
        Dear Professor Balu,
        You have said "shocking". May i know why?
        I have my own reservations with the above mentioned articles but I would like to know why is it shocking to you. Is it because a sitting supreme court judge is expressing his personal views freely, or is it because his writing is totally not based on facts?
        Regards
        Mariappan

      • durvasha
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
          Dear Mariappan,

          This thread was not started or posted by Prof. Balu. But by
          me Bala. And I am not a Professor of anything. sorry for the shock.

          BALA.

          --- In TheHeathenInHisBlindness@yahoogroups.com, Mariappan L