Sport as American Civil Religion

  • macgupta123
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 5:55 AM
      On National Public Radio this morning, I heard theologian Joseph Price talk about how
      he was struck by the similarity of how the people looked in pictures a colleague took
      of pilgrimmages in India and pictures he took of people attending the Super Bowl
      event at Palo Alto.

      http://speakingoffaith.publicradio.org/programs/inpraiseofplay/index.shtml

      So, he identifies the rituals of sports with religion. We can interpret all this
      differently.