Good Night, Irene

  • Flying Pig
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2011
      Good Night, Irene...

      We're now into hurricane prep, as Irene is forecast to come directly to us
      in Ft. Pierce, where we're still on the hard, doing boat work.

      Lots of stuff to do to protect us from losing stuff due to wind, and to make
      sure we don't blow - or float - over if it actually does land as a
      hurricane.

      Those interested in monitoring our prospects can look here:
      http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/085713.shtml?tswindloop?#contents.
      At this writing, it's pretty certain that we'll see tropical storm force
      winds, with an outside chance (currently!) of a hurricane.

      We have a house to go to in that event, unless it gets severe, in which case
      they, too, would have to evacuate.

      Otherwise, all is well aboard Flying Pig, with projects marching off the
      page as we cross them off, with only a few new additions as we go (the norm
      is to be peeling the onion - you discover new stuff at each layer!).

      More later after whatever excitement there is, likely not before the weekend
      is over...

      L8R

      Skip and crew

      --
      Morgan 461 #2
      SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

      away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
      Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
    • Alan Clarke
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 22, 2011
        On 8/22/11 9:07 AM, Flying Pig wrote:

        Good Night, Irene...

        Well good luck with that, Skip. I have family along the FL coast, so I'm watching it too.
        Missed getting your regular reports lately and wondered how you and Lydia were doing.
        Thought you might have gone through the canal. Batten down!
      • Flying Pig
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 27, 2011
          A non-event here.  Didn't even wrap the genny. Worst was a few gusts to 30s, mostly 15-22, not even torrential rain, though we did get the deck scrubbed.  Took yesterday off in the no-wind brilliant sunshine, back to work today, caulking the toe rail and sanding in prep for a new boot stripe...

          L8R

          Skip, still praying for all those in the Bahamas in recovery mode, and our friends and family up the east coast

          away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
          Dream. Discover."   - Mark Twain
        • J. A. Wood
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 27, 2011
            Great news!