577If we get on the water this year, perhaps we'll see this!

  • Skip Gundlach
    Nov 29, 2012
      Twas The Night Before Sailor's Christmas
      By Gerald Ewing

      T’was the night before Christmas, I swung on the hook
      With snowflakes a’landing, asleep with my book
      When up on the deck I heard footsteps and stuff
      “I’ve been boarded!” I thought, and I tried to be tough
      Then down the companionway hatch came a dude
      He was dressed like a nut and I thought, “I’m so screwed”
      But he laughed and he hummed as he surveyed my junk
      So I figured he must be the resident drunk
      His eyes were lit up like a junkie on speed
      But he gave me a whole bunch of stuff that I need
      Like rum and cigars and new charts and a dinghy
      And some kind of fancy electrical thingy
      I knew it was stolen but I wasn’t telling
      I just hoped he was giving and wasn’t just selling
      And I poured him a grog which he downed with a wink
      Then I poured one for me (Lord I needed a drink!)
      Then he staggered above to the dark snowy night
      As I peeked I beheld an incredible sight
      Eight tiny dolphins and a beautiful sleigh
      And the dude hopped aboard and prepared to make way
      The dolphins were ready to power the sled
      But the guy raised a genny and mains’l instead
      With a burp and a chuckle he gathered the breeze
      And called to the dolphins, now swimming with ease
      “Hey Stalker and FEMA and Cancer and Nixon!
      Or Stinky and Pepper Spray, Mason, and Dixon!
      Or whatever your names are, you cute little fishes,
      Here’s to every last sailor, my best Christmas wishes!”
      As he sailed away leaving a wobbly wake
      I hoped he had not many stops left to make
      He got close to shore and he soon was aground
      But the dolphins proceeded to pull him around
      And I heard him exclaim as he sailed out of sight
      “Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!”

      L8R, y'all!

      Skip

      --
      Morgan 461 #2
      SV Flying Pig  KI4MPC

      The Society for the Preservation of Tithesis commends your ebriated
      and scrutible use of delible and defatigable, which are gainly, sipid
      and couth. We are gruntled and consolate that you have the ertia and
      eptitude to choose such putably pensible tithesis, which we parage.