Yahoo Snooping

  • TeriNoelTowe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2003
      I apologize for any multiple postings that any of you receive.

      The following message was posted to TheCountertenors List, to which I subscribe, and I forward it along so that each of you can act on it as he or she sees fit.

      I, for one, am grateful to Flavio for having "blown the whistle" on this, because I do not recall that Yahoo let us know that there had been changes of this kind made in its "Privacy Statement".

      My best and my thanks always,

      Teri

      In a message dated 01/22/2003 2:02:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, flavio@... writes:

      Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo
      Group users around the net and see what you're doing and where you
      are going -- similar to cookies.

      Take a look at their updated privacy statement:

      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

      About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo!
      Network", you'll see a little "click here" link that will let
      you "opt-out" of their new method of snooping. I strongly recommend
      that you do this.

      Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out.  Notice
      the "Success" message the top the next page.  BE CAREFUL because on
      that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will
      **undo** the opt-out.  Feel free to forward this to other groups.

      Of course, if you don't mind Yahoo recording every website and every
      group you visit you should ignore this message.

      Teri Noel Towe

      Of Counsel
      Ganz & Hollinger, P. C.

      1394 Third Avenue,
      New York, NY 10021-0404
      212-517-5500
      212-772-2216 (Telefax)

      The Face Of Bach

      "Bach, c'est Bach, comme Dieu, c'est Dieu!" - Hector Berlioz