Re: [TheFaceOfBach] July 5, 1879

  • Peter Watchorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2002
      Dear Teri,
      Many greetings on Aunty Wanda's 123rd (which Alastair
      and I always observe - by the way, the incomparable
      Isolde Ahlgrimm was born July 31, 1914). Would like to
      talk with you in the next few days regarding our
      label, Musica Omnia, which has just become a
      non-profit entity. We're currently expanding the
      board, and the four existing members have been
      thinking of worthy candidates to help carry the
      company forward. I wonder if you'd have the time and
      interest in the Omnia mission. I think that
      "classical" music in this country needs a force like
      Musica Omnia to keep some sanity in this largeley
      depressing scene in which we all find ourselves. The
      label is certainly doing an interesting diversity of
      projects and garnering a host of good press, but we
      need to raise a whole lot of cash - sales come nowhere
      near supporting a venture such as this. Worth talking
      about? The area of historical recordings, as you know,
      is also one of our interests (mine especially). If you
      could let me know your best phone number and a time to
      call, I'll get back to you. Otherwise, I hope you're
      thriving. By the way, have you been receiving our new
      releases? More Cozzolani and magnificent Faure
      Nocturnes, with the eminent Israeli pianist, Sally
      Pinkas. I'm currently completing editing on the
      Schubert song cycles, with Max van Egmond and Penelope
      Crawford, which are really spectacular (she has the
      best surviving original piano by Conrad Graf, 1835).
      You're certainly on "the list" to receive new issues
      as they appear.
      All my best to you, Teri,
      Peter

      http://sbc.yahoo.com