July 5, 1879

  • TeriNoelTowe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5 4:06 AM
      Today is the 123rd anniversary of the birth of the incomparable and unsurpassable Wanda Landowska.
    • Peter Watchorn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5 5:43 AM
        Dear Teri,
        Many greetings on Aunty Wanda's 123rd (which Alastair
        and I always observe - by the way, the incomparable
        Isolde Ahlgrimm was born July 31, 1914). Would like to
        talk with you in the next few days regarding our
        label, Musica Omnia, which has just become a
        non-profit entity. We're currently expanding the
        board, and the four existing members have been
        thinking of worthy candidates to help carry the
        company forward. I wonder if you'd have the time and
        interest in the Omnia mission. I think that
        "classical" music in this country needs a force like
        Musica Omnia to keep some sanity in this largeley
        depressing scene in which we all find ourselves. The
        label is certainly doing an interesting diversity of
        projects and garnering a host of good press, but we
        need to raise a whole lot of cash - sales come nowhere
        near supporting a venture such as this. Worth talking
        about? The area of historical recordings, as you know,
        is also one of our interests (mine especially). If you
        could let me know your best phone number and a time to
        call, I'll get back to you. Otherwise, I hope you're
        thriving. By the way, have you been receiving our new
        releases? More Cozzolani and magnificent Faure
        Nocturnes, with the eminent Israeli pianist, Sally
        Pinkas. I'm currently completing editing on the
        Schubert song cycles, with Max van Egmond and Penelope
        Crawford, which are really spectacular (she has the
        best surviving original piano by Conrad Graf, 1835).
        You're certainly on "the list" to receive new issues
        as they appear.
        All my best to you, Teri,
        Peter

        http://sbc.yahoo.com