portrait prints to buy?

  • michael.grover.hijp@statefarm.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2001
      Hello everyone,

      Recently someone asked on one of the other Bach mailing lists whether
      anyone knew of any website where one could buy a print of a portrait
      of Bach. Someone recommended www.fuzeau.com, which does carry prints
      of many composers for the inexpensive price of around 5 Euros. Their
      Bach portrait is the 1746 Hausmann one.

      I have searched and searched the Web many times over and have been
      utterly unable to find a copy of the 1748 Hausmann for sale anywhere,
      which I am extremely disappointed about. Why are prints of this
      famous portrait not available? If anyone knows of one somewhere that
      I am unaware of, I would be immensely grateful to hear about it.

      Michael