11 hours of JSB on 11/25/2010

  • TeriNoelTowe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2010
      This week on a special 11 hour Thanksgiving Day installment of Towe on Thursday, from 6:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., on WPRB-Princeton, on line at www.wprb.com and on the FM dial at 103.3,  I shall play the compositions by Johann Sebastian Bach that were published during his own lifetime.  This musical journey will begin with the Cantata, 'Gott ist mein Konig', BWV 71, and end with the Canonic Variations on 'Vom Himmel Hoch da komm' ich her', BWV 769.  In between:  All 4 volumes of the Clavier Ubung, a generous selection of the sacred songs in the so-called Schemelli Gesangbuch, the "Schubler" Chorale Preludes, The Musical Offering, and the one composition published during Bach's lifetime that generally is overlooked when such an anthology is compiled.

      I hope that you will be able to listen in.

      Teri Noel Towe

      Host of
      Towe on Thursday

      Webmaster and Creator of
      The Face Of Bach

      "Towe on Thursday" is broadcast every Thursday from 6AM to 11AM, Eastern Time, on WPRB - Princeton, New Jersey Community Supported Independent Radio, at 103.3 on the FM dial, and on line at www.wprb.com
      .

      To listen on line, please go to http://www.wprb.com/listen.php
      , and click on the icon of one of the internet streams.  The Windows Media stream usually is the most reliable.

      "Those in charge are odd and ambivalent towards music, which means I have to live with almost non-stop vexation, envy, and persecution."

      Johann Sebastian Bach, October 28, 1730