Additions to The Face Of Bach - http://www.npj.com/thefaceofbach

  • TheFaceOfBach@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2000
      Greetings!

      I apologize for my recent silence, but the demands of the "real" world and
      particularly my law practice during the last couple of weeks have prevented
      me from finishing and refining the additional pages.

      Almost all of the pages that I initially intended to post at The Face Of Bach
      are now in place, and, I cautiously hope, are "glitch free", that is, purged
      of defective links and with no "broken" images.

      In addition to the page on which I discuss why the Weydenhammer Portrait
      Fragment is the long lost portrait that belonged to Kittel, I have posted
      pages on the the provenance of the painting and what I think needs to be
      investigated next. I also have posted my preliminary conclusions on the
      genuineness of the Volbach Portrait.

      Although at least one of them ultimattely will be expanded significantly,
      only one of the pages on the documentary evidence and the documented
      portraits remains to be installed. That page is the one devoted to the
      forensic anatomical evidence. Because the 1894 exhumation in the
      Johanneskirchof and the subsequent report on the skeleton that was exhumed
      have been the subject of so much interest on the various Bach lists, I have
      decided to post the Exhumation Report of 1895 in its entirety. I have not
      as yet completed the scans, and I have not as yet begun to construct the html
      for that series of pages, but I am going to do my best to have Dr. His's
      report and the accompanying statistical tables and photogravure plates "on
      line" for you within the next two weeks.

      All of the pages are "preliminary" versions, and all are certained to be
      revised and in many cases expanded significantly.

      I shall continue to keep you informed of the updates as they are installed.
      Those of you who are not subscribers to TheFaceOfBach@egroups.com list and
      who might be interested in joining will find a link to the List's page at
      egroups near the bottom of the opening page at The Face Of Bach.

      Finally, I want again to express my thanks to Nathan Johansen, my webmaster,
      and to RainbowFlag for having provided the cyberspace for The Face Of Bach
      and for having made sure that the site is as free of tehcnical problems as
      possible.

      I hope that you will find the additional pages to be worth the wait, and I
      thank you all for your interest and support.

      Best regards,

      Teri Noel Towe
      http://www.npj.com/thefaceofbach

      P. S.: Today, September 5, is the 265th anniversary of the birth of John
      Christian Bach.