Max Van Egmond's 70th birthday

  • TeriNoelTowe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      Peter Watchorn has reminded me that today is the 70th birthday of the remarkable singer Max Van Egmond.  He is celebrating his 70th and the joyful fact that his voice is still in tip-top shape with the release of three CDs devoted to major song cycles by Schubert and Schumann.  In all three of these recordings, his accompanists play period fortepianos.

      Here, thanks to Peter's thoughtfulness, are the particulars for those of you who may be interested in acquiring these releases.

      I apologize for duplicate mailings and to those who might think that this global announcement is "OT."

      Happy and Healthy 70th, Max Van E!  May there be many more!

      TNT

      In a message dated 1/31/2006 1:50:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, pgwatchorn@... writes:

      Since I know you occasionally note important musical birthdays in your emails: Max van Egmond turns 70 tomorrow (February 1st). To celebrate, Musica Omnia has released the following three CDs:

      w/ Kenneth Slowik (fortepiano)

      MO 0102 Schubert: Schwanengesang/Schumann: Dichterliebe

      w/ Penelope Crawford (fortepiano)
      MO 0107 Schubert: Die schoene Muellerin
      MO 0108 Schubert: Winterreise

      The first two currently available through www.cdbaby.com