Paramahansa Yogananda

  • santmat_mystic ( James )
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2005
      Paramahansa Yogananda

      Through the transparency of my deepest meditation
      I shall receive the Light of the omnipresent Father
      passing through me.

      The moment I am restless or disturbed in mind,
      I will retire to silence and meditation
      until calmness is restored.
      I will begin each day with concentration,
      and meditation on the Supreme Being.

      Through the gateway of meditation
      I will enter God's temple of peace everlasting.
      There I will worship Him at the altar of ever new contentment.
      I will kindle the fire of happiness
      to illuminate His temple within.

      I will meditate regularly,
      that the Light of faith may usher me into
      the Immortal Kingdom of my Heavenly Father.

      I will bathe in the sacred pool of God's love
      hidden behind the ramparts of meditation.

      I will make my inner environment perfect through meditation,
      that it be impervious to all adverse outside influences.

      I will begin each day with meditation on the Supreme Being.

      In the temple of silence I discover Thine altar of peace.
      On the altar of peace I find Thine ever new joy.

      Let me hear Thy voice, O God, in the cave of meditation.
      I will find perpetual celestial happiness within.
      Then peace will reign in my heart
      whether I am in silence
      or in the midst of activities.

      -- Paramahansa Yogananda,