Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Carnival

  • rermisch
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2000
      From: "Linda " <costumelady@...>
      To: <TheCostumersManifesto@egroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 4:16 PM
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Carnival

      > Hi, I need help. A high school I work with will be doing the musical
      > Carnival in Feb.2001. I can't seem to find any information on this
      > show. I know the bare bones plot, a young girl runs off to join a
      > circus in France. but I don't know the time era or anything else. So
      > I sure hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Linda

      > Hi!
      I am afraid I don't know much about the show but some how I think I
      remember it was either done in the late '40s or early '50s. The movie The
      Greatest Whow on Earth by C.B. DeMille with Betty Hutton, James stewart and
      Charleton Heston come to mind . They have been showing it all year on
      American Movie Classics channel but I am sure you can rent it. The costumes
      were great and the movie was made at the Barnum and Baily Circus with real
      performers along with the actors playing performers. You can get a real feel
      for the way they were costumed before lycra was invented. Hope this is what
      you were thinking about.

    • Stickfries@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2000
        I work at a costume shop, so I will see what I can dig up in our Library and
        plot collection for you.

        Kimberly