Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Making sailor suits?

  • Sylvia Rognstad
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2 6:59 PM
      You need to find out what it means to the people that are hiring you.
      Does it mean you are expected to do all the designing and constructing
      on your own or do you have help? Every workplace is different and
      these are questions you need to ask and don't feel shy about asking
      them. Being a designer means different things depending on the
      situation. Congrats on getting the job!

      Sylvia

      On Feb 1, 2008, at 5:28 AM, gsbse1 wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I may be doing the costumes for Anything Goes and the one thing that
      > worries me is the
      > sailor uniforms does anyone know either a good resources for
      > purchasing them or a pattern
      > to sew them.
      > This is the first time I'll be working for another school and I'm a
      > little in the dark about what
      > my responsabilities will be and I'm trying to get answers.
      > When you are asked to be the costume designer what do you interpet
      > that to mean.
      > I've only ever worked for one school so this is a little new to me.
      > thanks

    • gsbse1
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4 4:56 AM
        Thanks for responding and yes I did ask exactly what they meant by costumer designer
        and luckily it was exactly what I was thinking it was! I only have two weeks between shows
        but I can pull costumes at the same time I'm costuming Joseph so it works out. I'm excited
        about making more contacts.
        SAM

        -- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...> wrote:

        > You need to find out what it means to the people that are hiring you.
        > Does it mean you are expected to do all the designing and constructing
        > on your own or do you have help? Every workplace is different and
        > these are questions you need to ask and don't feel shy about asking
        > them. Being a designer means different things depending on the
        > situation. Congrats on getting the job!
        >
        > Sylvia
        >
        > On Feb 1, 2008, at 5:28 AM, gsbse1 wrote:
        >
        > > Hi,
        > > I may be doing the costumes for Anything Goes and the one thing that
        > > worries me is the
        > > sailor uniforms does anyone know either a good resources for
        > > purchasing them or a pattern
        > > to sew them.
        > > This is the first time I'll be working for another school and I'm a
        > > little in the dark about what
        > > my responsabilities will be and I'm trying to get answers.
        > > When you are asked to be the costume designer what do you interpet
        > > that to mean.
        > > I've only ever worked for one school so this is a little new to me.
        > > thanks

      • gsbse1
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4 4:58 AM
          That's a great idea if the sailor suits are an issue I know I won't have the time to make
          them as there is only two weeks between shows but thnkas also fo rthe suggestion of the
          burda pattern.
          SAM