Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Colonel Bubba

  • Sylvia Rognstad
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
      Thanks to everyone who gave me the link to Col. Bubba and told me about
      the other places. FYI, while talking to Norcostco today to order some
      other costume items, I happened to ask if they might have a Sam Browne
      belt and they said they were just getting some in for the first time.
      So there's another resource for you guys.

      Sylvia

      On Jan 31, 2008, at 6:34 AM, Cheryl McCarron wrote:

      > Sylvia,
      > The Colonel is Strand Surplus in Texas. Be careful using this guy.
      > His stuff is great - if you get what you asked for. The Better
      > Business Bureau website has many complaints about him and I have had
      > problems with him myself. He often sends stuff that isn't at all what
      > you requested and then returning the items and getting a refund is
      > problematic. Most of my costume designer friends have stopped using
      > him, as have I. If you do want to use him, the number is (409)
      > 762-7397. E-mail: colbubbie@...
      >
      > A resource I usually use is Kaufmann's Army Navy in New York. The
      > owner is extremely knowledgable and can get just about anything. They
      > also rent items and are used to working with theatre and film
      > companies. Their number is (212) 757-5670. Website -
      > www.kaufmannsarmynavy.com.
      >
      > -Cheryl McCarron
      > NYC Fabric Finder
      >
      > Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have a website for this guy? Or a phone #? I can't locate
      > him anymore. Maybe I am not remembering the name correctly. I'm
      > looking for a Sam Brown belt.
      >
      > Sylvia

    • geneiak
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
        Col. Bubbie's Strand Surplus Senter
        2202 Strand
        Galveston, Tx 77550
        409-762-7397

        this is an old card in my rolodex-
        i know it has been there a while-
        so might not be current number-
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad
        <sylvia@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have a website for this guy? Or a phone #? I can't
        locate
        > him anymore. Maybe I am not remembering the name correctly. I'm
        > looking for a Sam Brown belt.
        >
        > Sylvia

      • geneiak
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
          Sylvia,
          I had forgotten all about the problems I had with that company. I
          stopped using him years ago after $2000 worth of some "not at all
          what we wanted" items returned that were never credited to the
          account. I have had good luck with Kaufman's and also Some's Uniform
          in NY. I ordered a Sam Browne belt from Some's just last January. You
          can find them online. They have a special phone line for theatre, tv
          and movies.

          There is also
          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl McCarron