Colonel Bubba

  • Sylvia Rognstad
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
      Does anyone have a website for this guy? Or a phone #? I can't locate
      him anymore. Maybe I am not remembering the name correctly. I'm
      looking for a Sam Brown belt.

      Sylvia
    • Cheryl McCarron
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
        Sylvia,
        The Colonel is Strand Surplus in Texas. Be careful using this guy. His stuff is great - if you get what you asked for. The Better Business Bureau website has many complaints about him and I have had problems with him myself. He often sends stuff that isn't at all what you requested and then returning the items and getting a refund is problematic. Most of my costume designer friends have stopped using him, as have I. If you do want to use him, the number is (409) 762-7397. E-mail: colbubbie@...

        A resource I usually use is Kaufmann's Army Navy in New York. The owner is extremely knowledgable and can get just about anything. They also rent items and are used to working with theatre and film companies. Their number is (212) 757-5670. Website - www.kaufmannsarmynavy.com.

        -Cheryl McCarron
        NYC Fabric Finder

        Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...> wrote:
        Does anyone have a website for this guy? Or a phone #? I can't locate
        him anymore. Maybe I am not remembering the name correctly. I'm
        looking for a Sam Brown belt.

        Sylvia

      • costumepirate
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
          Its www.colonelbubbie.com

          Emme Hall
          MFA Candidate Costume Technology. 2008
          North Carolina School of the Arts

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad
          <sylvia@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone have a website for this guy? Or a phone #? I can't
          locate
          > him anymore. Maybe I am not remembering the name correctly. I'm
          > looking for a Sam Brown belt.
          >
          > Sylvia

        • Sylvia Rognstad
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
            Thanks to everyone who gave me the link to Col. Bubba and told me about
            the other places. FYI, while talking to Norcostco today to order some
            other costume items, I happened to ask if they might have a Sam Browne
            belt and they said they were just getting some in for the first time.
            So there's another resource for you guys.

            Sylvia

            On Jan 31, 2008, at 6:34 AM, Cheryl McCarron wrote:

            > Sylvia,
            > The Colonel is Strand Surplus in Texas. Be careful using this guy.
            > His stuff is great - if you get what you asked for. The Better
            > Business Bureau website has many complaints about him and I have had
            > problems with him myself. He often sends stuff that isn't at all what
            > you requested and then returning the items and getting a refund is
            > problematic. Most of my costume designer friends have stopped using
            > him, as have I. If you do want to use him, the number is (409)
            > 762-7397. E-mail: colbubbie@...
            >
            > A resource I usually use is Kaufmann's Army Navy in New York. The
            > owner is extremely knowledgable and can get just about anything. They
            > also rent items and are used to working with theatre and film
            > companies. Their number is (212) 757-5670. Website -
            > www.kaufmannsarmynavy.com.
            >
            > -Cheryl McCarron
            > NYC Fabric Finder
            >
            > Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...> wrote:
            > Does anyone have a website for this guy? Or a phone #? I can't locate
            > him anymore. Maybe I am not remembering the name correctly. I'm
            > looking for a Sam Brown belt.
            >
            > Sylvia

          • geneiak
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
              Col. Bubbie's Strand Surplus Senter
              2202 Strand
              Galveston, Tx 77550
              409-762-7397

              this is an old card in my rolodex-
              i know it has been there a while-
              so might not be current number-
              <sylvia@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone have a website for this guy? Or a phone #? I can't
              locate
              > him anymore. Maybe I am not remembering the name correctly. I'm
              > looking for a Sam Brown belt.
              >
              > Sylvia

            • geneiak
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
                Sylvia,
                I had forgotten all about the problems I had with that company. I
                stopped using him years ago after $2000 worth of some "not at all
                what we wanted" items returned that were never credited to the
                account. I have had good luck with Kaufman's and also Some's Uniform
                in NY. I ordered a Sam Browne belt from Some's just last January. You
                can find them online. They have a special phone line for theatre, tv
                and movies.

                There is also
                --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl McCarron