Antidote to static cling!

  • lampeangela
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2008
      I am doing a 20's show with lots of silky flowing garments. We are
      experiencing extreme cold weather which produces extremely dry
      conditions. Add to that the friction caused by multiple costume
      changes and yikes! The static cling is epic. Are there any solutions
      other than static guard, humidifiers and mosturizing?
    • Costume Gallery
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2008
        Dryer Sheets rubbed on stockings and costumes. Hope this helps.
        Joy
        Joy Galbraith
        Costume Gallery
        638 Monmouth Street
        Newport, Kentucky 41071
        859-655-9419
        www.costumegallery-newport.com

      • Alexadbw@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
          Simply misting everything with water will help. You can also add a bit of
          unscented hair conditioner or fabric softener. This would go a lot faster than
          trying to rub with dryer sheets and making sure you get everything.
          If spotting is an issue, if you lightly mist the entire costure, it
          becomes one bit water spot and VIOLA! No more water spots!!!

        • NJgardner@verizon.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
            Sewing Emporium used to have a thread in their catalog that was supposed to
            eliminate static in a garment. I don't know if they still have it or how
            it performs. They don't have an online store, but you can contact them at
            sewingemporium@....
            Pat