Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] expanding foam use

  • cleve hall
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008
      It would take so much of that canned stuff to build up
      a form and it doesnt foam very consistantly. I would
      suggest carving it out of a florist block of foam (you
      can sand it smooth but don't breath in the dust from
      it, wear a paper particle mask) then coat it with a
      water based glue like Elmers. Good luck!

      Cleve
      --- Paula McWhirter-Buck <keridwyn_98@...>
      wrote:

      > i'd try lining the cardboard tube with
      > something...aluminum foil, or
      > whatever will take a shape without shifting while
      > you work.
      >
      > blessings,
      > paula
      >
      > --- gsbse1 <gsbse1@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I need to make 4 enubus heads for Joseph and the
      > technicolar dream
      > > coat and am
      > > considering using that canned expanding foam and
      > bike helmets. I want
      > > the "heads to sort of
      > > sit on the kids heads instead of covering their
      > whole faces.
      > >
      > > My question is I was thinking of using a 1/2
      > footing tube to make the
      > > basic shape and carve
      > > down from there but wonder what I can use to
      > prevent the foam from
      > > sticking to the
      > > cardborad tube half.
      > >
      > > Any suggestions?
      > > SAM
      > >

      > "THE TIME HAS COME", THE WALRUS SAID,"TO TALK OF
      > MANY THINGS.
      > OF SHOES, AND SHIPS AND SEALING WAX, OF CABBAGES AND
      > KINGS.
      > AND WHY THE SEA IS BOILING HOT, AND WHETHER PIGS
      > HAVE WINGS."

      > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • gsbse1
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
        I had made a smaller one from floral foam to use as a model I hadn't thought to glue it
        together I used skewers but if elmers would work I could make it large enough from that
        kind of foam. I also tried making my own plaster bandages to strengthen it. So maybe I'll
        try going that way first, I need to paint it gold as well which is why I also thought of the
        bandages.
        If anyone has more suggestions I'm open to them!
        SAM
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, cleve hall <mechagothzilla@...>