Marie Antoinette Blue Tricorn costume

  • lemony68
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2008
      Hi everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post. I have just
      brought some material after ages of debating for the Marie Antoinette
      Blue Tricorn dress from the movie. I was looking at some pictures and
      have been debating wheather or not the skirt was differnet material to
      the bodice which is satin. Also, does anyone know of good pattern for
      the tricorn, as this will be my first time! Thanks for all your help!

      Anna

      xx

      http://www.costumersguide.com/ma4.shtml some pictures of the dress
    • metholhill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2008
        Hello, I took a look at the photos of the blue dress and it appears to
        be all one fabric. The tricorn hat can be easily made by purchasing a
        "base" and you can get one from www.theatrehouse.com they have types
        of hat bases to start you out. Good luck to you.
        Patricia Wilson
        Costume Lady Creations

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "lemony68"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2008
          Thanks very much Patricia! I'll let you know how it came out!

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "metholhill"