Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] sewing machines

  • Trim Fairy
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2007
      If I may ask, how did you find out about this place closing? I WISH I lived closer...I'm in Southwestern Florida.

      Paula McWhirter-Buck <keridwyn_98@...> wrote:
      i dont know where you are...but a blue jeans manufacturer just went out
      of business (i worked there for 10 years in my much younger daze).
      they're selling off hundreds of industrial sewing machines...all
      kinds...digital and manual.
      embroidery machines, flat felling machines, straight stitch machines,
      bar tackers, hemmers, and safety stitch/overlock machines. some use
      chain stiches, others use bobbins. there are pfaffs, brothers, singers
      and union specials. several are very new looking, but the ones that
      arent have been very well maintained.
      i dont know how much longer they'll be available, since the plant is
      trying to get moved out of their building asap.
      but they are in western north carolina (micaville, nc to be
      exact...north of asheville).
      the man to contact is sam cook...his email address is sam@...

      i hit them up for left over fabric and got about 50 still wrapped bolts
      of black denim and white denim...different weights. and several more
      of blue denim. along with boxes of cones of thread. all of this stuff
      they donated to the college and summer stock theatres where i work as
      designer/shop supervisor. i think that was pretty much it for the free
      stuff, though.

      they're selling off EVERYTHING in the place. cutting tables and
      cutters, buggies, tables, chairs, computers, desks, file cabinets...you
      name it.

      i'd recommend looking into things like that (closing factories, i mean)
      for extremely great deals on good machines.

      blessings,
      paula

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs