  • Julia Trimarco
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2007
      They do still make a brand of nearly indestructible glasses - they are called Silhouettes, and my partner has a pair. They are rimless and can be twisted all around, they are titanium and very strong. But they are also about $400. So it sounds like the "faking it" solution is better, unless you can afford to make the item expendable, going through 1 pair per performance (then buying a whole box of cheap ones comes out of the production budget), perhaps you can find some plastic ones wholesale.
      About 10 years ago, Lenscrafters carried a type of wire frame made of some sort of spring-treated metal. The hype was that you could bend it

      and smash it and abuse it in all sorts of ways, and it would just

      spring back to the origional shape.

      I don't know if they still carry this, or if it ever even did what they

      claimed it could. I do know that it was fairly expensive.

      It might be worth looking into.

      Mary