glasses

  • marymary614
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
      About 10 years ago, Lenscrafters carried a type of wire frame made of
      some sort of spring-treated metal. The hype was that you could bend it
      and smash it and abuse it in all sorts of ways, and it would just
      spring back to the origional shape.
      I don't know if they still carry this, or if it ever even did what they
      claimed it could. I do know that it was fairly expensive.
      It might be worth looking into.
      Mary
    • sally
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3 10:44 PM
        They still make these wire glasses frames and other eyeglass places
        carry them. You can bend and twist them to your heart's content (up
        to a certain number of bends I gather, but it seems to be a large
        number). But they don't _break_, just twist and bend in ways that
        makes anyone who wears glasses cringe:-) They are also hugely
        expensive - my last pair of glasses with this sort of frame cost
        around $400, and my lenses aren't precisely standard, but they aren't
        that weird, so it largely the frames that upped that bill. It's
        worth it to me because I no longer wear my glasses all the time, and
        they therefore come in for a good deal of abuse and fall on the floor
        or get sat on regularly, and I figure they'll last me several lens
        changes, but that's a lot of dollars for a prop.

        --Sally

        On Nov 30, 2007, at 8:59 AM, marymary614 wrote:

        > About 10 years ago, Lenscrafters carried a type of wire frame made of
        > some sort of spring-treated metal. The hype was that you could bend it
        > and smash it and abuse it in all sorts of ways, and it would just
        > spring back to the origional shape.
        > I don't know if they still carry this, or if it ever even did what
        > they
        > claimed it could. I do know that it was fairly expensive.
        > It might be worth looking into.
        > Mary
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mom IS my real name
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6 2:04 PM
          Those are titanium frames. Expensive, but worth it. My 13-year-old's
          buddy wears them because he's pretty rough on his glasses...

          Janelle

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "marymary614"
          <marymary614@...> wrote:

          > About 10 years ago, Lenscrafters carried a type of wire frame made of
          > some sort of spring-treated metal. The hype was that you could bend
          it
          > and smash it and abuse it in all sorts of ways, and it would just
          > spring back to the origional shape.
          > I don't know if they still carry this, or if it ever even did what
          they
          > claimed it could. I do know that it was fairly expensive.
          > It might be worth looking into.
          > Mary

        • Costume Gallery
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7 9:47 AM
            I had titanium they are great but they do break. I'm an adult and
            hard on glasses. I broke the arms off twice.
            Joy Galbraith
            Costume Gallery