Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Should I try to rescue any costumes from a ca...

  • lanorte1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2007
      If it were me, I'd take one last shot at calmly and professionally explaining
      to "management" your concerns about costume stock being damaged, destroyed or
      going missing. If you put it in the framework of the costumes as a valuable
      investment which is being lost, maybe they might appreciate that. It's a long
      shot, as it sounds like they don't really value their stock, but at least
      you'll know that you tried your best. I'm sorry - I appreciate how frustrating
      that must be for you!

      Donna

      In a message dated 11/17/2007 4:53:14 PM Central Standard Time,
      chatteutile@... writes:

      -- In _TheCostumersManifesTheCostumersManThe_
      (mailto:TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com) , "catslave54"
      <zimmermanel@zim> wrote:

      > I built many really wonderful costumes for a local school for several
      > years in addition to overhauling their storage area. They are
      > now "under new management". I was deemed not necessary as the students
      > were to do all the costuming themselves from then on.The new teacher
      > is very casual about even locking the costume stock door, not to
      > mention who borrows what or when.It's like the whole room is a Dress-Up
      > Play Closet. Any organization is completely gone, nothing ever gets
      > cleaned after it is worn and many costumes are missing, as I found out
      > when I returned to rent some specific items. Would it be ethical for me
      > to rescue some of the remaining costumes and store them in my own
      > personal stock? Or should I just let it all go?

    • Hope Wright
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2007
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, lanorte1@... wrote:
        If it were me, I'd take one last shot at calmly and professionally
        explaining

        After explaining that, if they don't seem interested why don't you ask
        if you could rescue them and care for them. Maybe even offer a token
        amount "so you can purchase your own supplies in the future." They
        might be willing to let you take them and if you did so with their
        knowledge no one should mind.