Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking for top hats

  • Carla Pollard
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
      I don't know what "good quality" equates to as far as how much you have to spend, but I've ordered from these folks in the past and have been very happy.
      http://anniescostumes.com/top.htm

      If you are on a tight budget - I've also purchased plastic tops hats and covered them with felt (reads expensive on stage; you can't tell the difference), with replaceable inside bands attached with velcro as hats can get really knarly after a 16-show run.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
        there's an online company called Anytime Costumes that has (IMHO) a
        nice dickens-esc top hat for around 35.00. it's the cheapest i've
        found that is period looking. though, i've bought them from Morris
        Costumes. i found several places online that offer the Morris dickens
        hat for between 50 - 75 each. pricey, when you're buying several, but
        they're nice hats, and they hold up well.

        brightest of blessings,
        paula mcwhirter-buck

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Suzan Kathleen
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
          www.theatrehouse.com has all kinds of hats at prices from reasonable
          on up. They ship pretty fast, too.
        • geneiak
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 12, 2007
            hatcrafters.com
            top-hats.com

            have ordered from them and they are great-
            hatcrafters takes a bit more time as they don't have everything stocked
            top-hats carries the hatcrafters line