Looking for top hats

  • lanorte1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
      I'm seeking a source for good quality top hats for a production of A
      Christmas Carol. I can rent them locally, but if it's not going to cost much more to
      purchase, I might as well buy a few, as we'll be doing this production
      annually. Thanks for your help!

      Donna

    • Carla Pollard
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
        I don't know what "good quality" equates to as far as how much you have to spend, but I've ordered from these folks in the past and have been very happy.
        http://anniescostumes.com/top.htm

        If you are on a tight budget - I've also purchased plastic tops hats and covered them with felt (reads expensive on stage; you can't tell the difference), with replaceable inside bands attached with velcro as hats can get really knarly after a 16-show run.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
          P.S. There's dozens of them on ebay.
          I'm seeking a source for good quality top hats for a production of A
          Christmas Carol. I can rent them locally, but if it's not going to cost much more to
          purchase, I might as well buy a few, as we'll be doing this production
          annually. Thanks for your help!

          Donna

        • Paula McWhirter-Buck
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
            there's an online company called Anytime Costumes that has (IMHO) a
            nice dickens-esc top hat for around 35.00. it's the cheapest i've
            found that is period looking. though, i've bought them from Morris
            Costumes. i found several places online that offer the Morris dickens
            hat for between 50 - 75 each. pricey, when you're buying several, but
            they're nice hats, and they hold up well.

            brightest of blessings,
            paula mcwhirter-buck

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Suzan Kathleen
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
              www.theatrehouse.com has all kinds of hats at prices from reasonable
              on up. They ship pretty fast, too.
            • geneiak
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 12, 2007
                hatcrafters.com
                top-hats.com

                have ordered from them and they are great-
                hatcrafters takes a bit more time as they don't have everything stocked
                top-hats carries the hatcrafters line