Re: The Crucible Costuming

  • Mom IS my real name
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2007
      Well, they WERE British, so it would make sense. It could be very
      striking, too, really emphasizing their power and the violence
      inherent in their authority to damn others.

      Janelle

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Donna Barnes-Haesemeyer
      <barneshaesemeyer@...> wrote:

      > I read McClellan's 1904 Historic Dress in America,
      > which makes a case for 17th-century American judges'
      > robes being red, following British custom. Can anyone
      > confirm or refute this? I am considering putting
      > Danforth and Hathorne in red in our upcoming
      > production of The Crucible.
      >
      > Donna

      someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.