Re:ballroom dance outfits?

  • Diane Olsen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2007
      Bonnie,

      My name is Diane and I make Ballroom/Latin costumes. Kat is right, it's hard to find with out spending a lot, but there is eBay and your local thrift store.

      You will find many dresses on eBay, most of the cheap dresses come from China so you have to allow for shipment time. For a beginner dance, or in your case the sewing quality is just fine, but the rhinestones mostly are from Korea and there is not much shine to them. I suggest if you want sparkle, stone it yourself.

      At the thrift store, you could certainly find a old prom or wedding dress and converted to a ballroom dress, by adding or subtracting fabric on the skirt.

      Kat's idea about contacting your local dance studio is a fabulous idea too.

      Have fun,
      Diane