Kinda OT White Shirt and undergarments showing?????

  • Joy Jarrett
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2007
      Ok I have a white shirt (civil war style) and an ivory/bone corset...now is
      it OK to just wear the corset under the white top and let it be seen etc or
      DO I need to wear something over it etc.

      I'm just wondering if it's OK to show under garments in general or do I need
      to make sure all is covered.

      TIA

    • Mom IS my real name
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2007
        Is this for a reenactment kind of event, or just for fun? For a
        reenactment it depends on who your character is. The corset can't
        show either way, but you might not have to wear anything over the
        blouse if you're, say, a farmwife working at home during the daytime
        (but even then you'd probably have some sort of pinafore-apron). The
        westward overland migration is roughly the same time period, so you
        might find more ideas from images of overland pioneers. I've seen
        pictures of those women with blouses unbuttoned at the throat.

        Janelle

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Joy Jarrett"
        <alasse.joy@...> wrote:

        > Ok I have a white shirt (civil war style) and an ivory/bone
        corset...now is
        > it OK to just wear the corset under the white top and let it be
        seen etc or
        > DO I need to wear something over it etc.
        >
        > I'm just wondering if it's OK to show under garments in general or
        do I need
        > to make sure all is covered.
        >
        > TIA

      • Cactusneedle

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 28, 2007
            Traditionally, the corset would be worn OVER a chemise or shift and
            UNDER the outer bodice of a dress. If authenticity isn't your
            objective, then give sway to your inner sexy rebel. . . .

            Donna