Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Need help with a pattern

Expand Messages
  • Angelica Harmon
    Many thanks to everyone who has replied on or off list to my pleading. I ve been a part of this group for awhile now, and tonight makes me remember why. You re
    Message 1 of 10 , May 10, 2002
      Many thanks to everyone who has replied on or off list to my pleading. I've
      been a part of this group for awhile now, and tonight makes me remember why.
      You're all really wonderful, and a great help.

      As for the dress...it won't be done in time for tomorrow, but I will have it
      done for next month, when I can wear it again. The good thing is, when I
      finally get it done, I can sew all the easy patterns without a problem. Next
      stop, Elizabethan gowns! Joking...maybe 5 years from now. ;o) After my brain
      reforms from the stress of this project.

      Again, all my thanks and love go out to you all!

      Angelica

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: teresa martinez <tsmith53us@...>
      To: <TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Need help with a pattern


      > <P> Ok, if it is just a gathered sleve attachment to a
      > cuff, then you have to attach the gathered edge to the
      > cuff and facing you can then hand hem the facing to
      > the wrong side of sleve. You can actually sew the cuff
      > facing on at any time , just match the appropriate
      > notches....it should turn out fine...you probably have
      > to hand stitch the cuff facing to the seam allowance
      > where the sleve and cuff meet.
      > <P>  <B><I>Angelica Harmon
      > <aharmon1@...></I></B> wrote:
      > <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT:
      > 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
      > <META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR>
      > <STYLE></STYLE>
      >
      > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks for everyone's
      > replies. I really do appreciate it.</FONT></DIV>
      > <DIV> </DIV>
      > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The sleeve is poofy, for
      > a lack of a better word. It's gathered, then
      > the sleeve band is supposed to fit on the bottom,
      > from what I can tell. I understand that facing is to
      > give a finished look to a raw edge. What I'm having a
      > problem with right now is 'where' to sew the two
      > pieces together. I know...probably something simple
      > I'm overlooking. But I think my brain melted about an
      > hour ago. ;o) Do I fit the sleeve band into the
      > facing? Or do I just sew the two together as
      > is?</FONT></DIV>
      > <DIV> </DIV>
      > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Probably not explaining
      > well...sorry. Leave it to me to choose the advanced
      > pattern, make it through the entire dress, and then
      > not be able to figure out the sleeve bands.
      > LOL</FONT></DIV>
      > <DIV> </DIV>
      > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Angelica</FONT></DIV>
      > <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT:
      > 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid;
      > MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      > <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message
      > ----- </DIV>
      > <DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial;
      > font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
      > title=sylvia@...
      > href="mailto:sylvia@...">sylvia</A> </DIV>
      > <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A
      > title=TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      >
      href="mailto:TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com">TheCostumersManifesto@ya
      hoogroups.com</A>
      > </DIV>
      > <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, May
      > 10, 2002 8:03 PM</DIV>
      > <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re:
      > [TheCostumersManifesto] Need help with a pattern</DIV>
      > <DIV><BR></DIV>on 5/10/02 3:52 PM, Angelica Harmon at
      > <A
      > href="mailto:aharmon1@...">aharmon1@...</A>
      > wrote:<BR>
      > <BLOCKQUOTE><TT><BR>Stitch sleeve band facing to
      > sleeve band, leaving notched edge open.
      > Trim.<BR><BR>> Ok, but how? The picture isn't much
      > help, and I just can't figure this<BR>out.<BR><BR>If
      > anyone can help, please email me on list or at: <A
      > href="mailto:aharmon1@...">aharmon1@...</A><BR><BR>I
      > dont have the pattern so I'm just guessing.  Is
      > the sleeve band similar to a cuff?  If so, it
      > sounds like you're to sew 3 sides of the band to the
      > facing, right sides together, leaving open the side
      > that you sew to the sleeve. Then you would turn the
      > band right side out and stitch the open seam to the
      > sleeve. Does this make
      > sense?<BR><BR><BR></TT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT
      > size=1>Sylvia Rognstad<BR>-- <BR>Divinity Designs and
      > Emeralds<BR>http://www.d-e-designs.com<BR></FONT><TT><BR></TT>
      > <BLOCKQUOTE><TT><BR></TT></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><TT>To
      > unsubscribe from this group, send an email
      >
      to:<BR>TheCostumersManifesto-unsubscribe@egroups.com<BR><BR></TT><BR><BR><TT
      >Your
      > use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
      > href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms
      > of Service</A>.</TT> <BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><!--
      > |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->
      > <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0>
      > <TBODY>
      > <TR bgColor=#ffffcc>
      > <TD align=middle><FONT color=#003399 size=-1><B>Yahoo!
      > Groups Sponsor</B></FONT></TD></TR>
      > <TR bgColor=#ffffff>
      > <TD align=middle width=470>
      > <FORM
      >
      action=http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2053425.3521449.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17
      07300337:HM/A=1046314/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3225
      > method=get target=_top><INPUT type=hidden value=3225
      > name=code>
      > <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
      > <TBODY>
      > <TR>
      > <TD align=middle><FONT face=arial
      > size=-2>ADVERTISEMENT</FONT><BR>
      > <TABLE height=250 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0
      > width=300 bgColor=#ff6600 border=0>
      > <TBODY>
      > <TR>
      > <TD width=300 colSpan=2><A
      >
      href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2053425.3521449.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=170
      7300337:HM/A=1046314/R=1/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3225"><IMG
      > height=102
      >
      src="http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ed/ediets/06042002_300x250_orange_0
      1.gif"
      > width=300 border=0></A></TD></TR>
      > <TR>
      > <TD vAlign=top align=right width=110><A
      >
      href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2053425.3521449.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=170
      7300337:HM/A=1046314/R=2/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3225"><IMG
      > height=147 alt=""
      >
      src="http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ed/ediets/06042002_300x250_orange_0
      2.gif"
      > width=109 border=0></A></TD>
      > <TD vAlign=top align=left width=190 border="0">
      > <TABLE height=147 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0
      > width=189 bgColor=#ffffff border=0>
      > <TBODY>
      > <TR>
      > <TD align=right><FONT face=arial color=#cc6600
      > size=2><B>Height:</B></FONT></TD>
      > <TD> <SELECT name=htft> <OPTION value=4>4<OPTION
      > value=5 selected>5<OPTION value=6>6<OPTION
      > value=7>7</OPTION></SELECT> <FONT face=arial
      > color=#cc6600 size=1>ft</FONT> <SELECT name=htin>
      > <OPTION value=0>0<OPTION value=1>1<OPTION
      > value=2>2<OPTION value=3>3<OPTION value=4
      > selected>4<OPTION value=5>5<OPTION value=6>6<OPTION
      > value=7>7<OPTION value=8>8<OPTION value=9>9<OPTION
      > value=10>10<OPTION value=11>11</OPTION></SELECT> <FONT
      > face=arial color=#cc6600 size=1>in</FONT></TD></TR>
      > <TR>
      > <TD align=right><FONT face=arial color=#cc6600
      > size=2><B>Weight:</B></FONT></TD>
      > <TD> <INPUT maxLength=3 size=7 name=wt></TD></TR>
      > <TR>
      > <TD align=right><FONT face=Arial color=#cc6600
      > size=2><B>Sex:</B></FONT></TD>
      > <TD> <INPUT type=radio CHECKED value=female
      > name=sex> <FONT face=Arial color=#cc6600
      > size=1>F</FONT> <INPUT type=radio value=male name=sex>
      > <FONT face=Arial color=#cc6600
      > size=1>M</FONT></TD></TR>
      > <TR>
      > <TD align=middle colSpan=2><INPUT type=submit value="
      > Submit Now
      >
      "></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TA
      BLE></FORM></TD></TR>
      > <TR>
      > <TD><IMG height=1 alt=""
      >
      src="http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.2053425.3521449.1829184/D=egrou
      pmail/S=1707300337:HM/A=1046314/rand=579516392"
      > width=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- |**|end egp
      > html banner|**| --><BR><TT>To unsubscribe from this
      > group, send an email
      >
      to:<BR>TheCostumersManifesto-unsubscribe@egroups.com<BR><BR></TT><BR><BR><TT
      >Your
      > use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
      > href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms
      > of Service</A>.</TT> <BR></BLOCKQUOTE>
      >
      > __________________________________________________
      > Do You Yahoo!?
      > LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
      > http://launch.yahoo.com
      >
      >
      > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
      > TheCostumersManifesto-unsubscribe@egroups.com
      >
      >
      >
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      >
      >
    • peggy salvail
      Hey dear my suggestion to you is not to buy Butterrick Patterns they are notirious for unintelegble directions. They take the simplest thing and complicate it
      Message 2 of 10 , May 14, 2002
        Hey dear my suggestion to you is not to buy Butterrick
        Patterns they are notirious for unintelegble
        directions. They take the simplest thing and
        complicate it with extra seams or tucks ect, or they
        don't give enough directions. Even I have trouble
        sometimes and I have been sewing for 30 years. best
        to stick with McCalls or Simplicity if you are a
        fairly new seamstress. HA ha ha I only look at
        directions if I can't figure it out anyway, not to
        smart sometimes but I get buy. Take care "Sal"


        --- Angelica Harmon <aharmon1@...> wrote:
        > Many thanks to everyone who has replied on or off
        > list to my pleading. I've
        > been a part of this group for awhile now, and
        > tonight makes me remember why.
        > You're all really wonderful, and a great help.
        >
        > As for the dress...it won't be done in time for
        > tomorrow, but I will have it
        > done for next month, when I can wear it again. The
        > good thing is, when I
        > finally get it done, I can sew all the easy patterns
        > without a problem. Next
        > stop, Elizabethan gowns! Joking...maybe 5 years from
        > now. ;o) After my brain
        > reforms from the stress of this project.
        >
        > Again, all my thanks and love go out to you all!
        >
        > Angelica
        >
        > ----- Original Message -----
        > From: teresa martinez <tsmith53us@...>
        > To: <TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com>
        > Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:34 PM
        > Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Need help with
        > a pattern
        >
        >
        > > <P> Ok, if it is just a gathered sleve attachment
        > to a
        > > cuff, then you have to attach the gathered edge to
        > the
        > > cuff and facing you can then hand hem the facing
        > to
        > > the wrong side of sleve. You can actually sew the
        > cuff
        > > facing on at any time , just match the appropriate
        > > notches....it should turn out fine...you probably
        > have
        > > to hand stitch the cuff facing to the seam
        > allowance
        > > where the sleve and cuff meet.
        > > <P>  <B><I>Angelica Harmon
        > > <aharmon1@...></I></B> wrote:
        > > <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT:
        > > 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
        > > <META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500"
        > name=GENERATOR>
        > > <STYLE></STYLE>
        > >
        > > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks for everyone's
        > > replies. I really do appreciate it.</FONT></DIV>
        > > <DIV> </DIV>
        > > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The sleeve is poofy,
        > for
        > > a lack of a better word. It's gathered, then
        > > the sleeve band is supposed to fit on the
        > bottom,
        > > from what I can tell. I understand that facing is
        > to
        > > give a finished look to a raw edge. What I'm
        > having a
        > > problem with right now is 'where' to sew the two
        > > pieces together. I know...probably something
        > simple
        > > I'm overlooking. But I think my brain melted about
        > an
        > > hour ago. ;o) Do I fit the sleeve band into the
        > > facing? Or do I just sew the two together as
        > > is?</FONT></DIV>
        > > <DIV> </DIV>
        > > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Probably not
        > explaining
        > > well...sorry. Leave it to me to choose the
        > advanced
        > > pattern, make it through the entire dress, and
        > then
        > > not be able to figure out the sleeve bands.
        > > LOL</FONT></DIV>
        > > <DIV> </DIV>
        > > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Angelica</FONT></DIV>
        > > <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
        > PADDING-LEFT:
        > > 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px
        > solid;
        > > MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
        > > <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original
        > Message
        > > ----- </DIV>
        > > <DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial;
        > > font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
        > > title=sylvia@...
        > > href="mailto:sylvia@...">sylvia</A> </DIV>
        > > <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A
        > > title=TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
        > >
        >
        href="mailto:TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com">TheCostumersManifesto@ya
        > hoogroups.com</A>
        > > </DIV>
        > > <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday,
        > May
        > > 10, 2002 8:03 PM</DIV>
        > > <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re:
        > > [TheCostumersManifesto] Need help with a
        > pattern</DIV>
        > > <DIV><BR></DIV>on 5/10/02 3:52 PM, Angelica Harmon
        > at
        > > <A
        > >
        >
        href="mailto:aharmon1@...">aharmon1@...</A>
        > > wrote:<BR>
        > > <BLOCKQUOTE><TT><BR>Stitch sleeve band facing to
        > > sleeve band, leaving notched edge open.
        > > Trim.<BR><BR>> Ok, but how? The picture isn't
        > much
        > > help, and I just can't figure
        > this<BR>out.<BR><BR>If
        > > anyone can help, please email me on list or at: <A
        > >
        >
        href="mailto:aharmon1@...">aharmon1@...</A><BR><BR>I
        > > dont have the pattern so I'm just guessing.
        >  Is
        > > the sleeve band similar to a cuff?  If so, it
        > > sounds like you're to sew 3 sides of the band to
        > the
        > > facing, right sides together, leaving open the
        > side
        > > that you sew to the sleeve. Then you would turn
        > the
        > > band right side out and stitch the open seam to
        > the
        > > sleeve. Does this make
        > > sense?<BR><BR><BR></TT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT
        > > size=1>Sylvia Rognstad<BR>-- <BR>Divinity Designs
        > and
        > >
        >
        Emeralds<BR>http://www.d-e-designs.com<BR></FONT><TT><BR></TT>
        > >
        > <BLOCKQUOTE><TT><BR></TT></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><TT>To
        > > unsubscribe from this group, send an email
        > >
        >
        to:<BR>TheCostumersManifesto-unsubscribe@egroups.com<BR><BR></TT><BR><BR><TT
        > >Your
        > > use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
        > > href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo!
        > Terms
        > > of Service</A>.</TT> <BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><!--
        > > |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->
        > > <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0>
        > > <TBODY>
        > > <TR bgColor=#ffffcc>
        > > <TD align=middle><FONT color=#003399
        > size=-1><B>Yahoo!
        > > Groups Sponsor</B></FONT></TD></TR>
        > > <TR bgColor=#ffffff>
        > > <TD align=middle width=470>
        > > <FORM
        > >
        >
        action=http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2053425.3521449.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17
        >
        07300337:HM/A=1046314/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3225
        > > method=get target=_top><INPUT type=hidden
        > value=3225
        > > name=code>
        > > <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
        > > <TBODY>
        > > <TR>
        > > <TD align=middle><FONT face=arial
        > > size=-2>ADVERTISEMENT</FONT><BR>
        > > <TABLE height=250 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0
        > > width=300 bgColor=#ff6600 border=0>
        > > <TBODY>
        > > <TR>
        > > <TD width=300 colSpan=2><A
        > >
        >
        href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2053425.3521449.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=170
        >
        7300337:HM/A=1046314/R=1/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3225"><IMG
        > > height=102
        > >
        >
        src="http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ed/ediets/06042002_300x250_orange_0
        > 1.gif"
        > > width=300 border=0></A></TD></TR>
        > > <TR>
        > > <TD vAlign=top align=right width=110><A
        > >
        >
        href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2053425.3521449.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=170
        >
        7300337:HM/A=1046314/R=2/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3225"><IMG
        > > height=147 alt=""
        > >
        >
        src="http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ed/ediets/06042002_300x250_orange_0
        > 2.gif"
        > > width=109 border=0></A></TD>
        > > <TD vAlign=top align=left width=190 border="0">
        > > <TABLE height=147 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0
        > > width=189 bgColor=#ffffff border=0>
        > > <TBODY>
        > > <TR>
        > > <TD align=right><FONT face=arial color=#cc6600
        > > size=2><B>Height:</B></FONT></TD>
        > > <TD> <SELECT name=htft> <OPTION
        > value=4>4<OPTION
        > > value=5 selected>5<OPTION value=6>6<OPTION
        >
        === message truncated ===


        __________________________________________________
        Do You Yahoo!?
        LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
        http://launch.yahoo.com
      • Siebel San
        Out of all the butterick patterns I ve used, not one ever fit together right. The pattern pieces are just off . They won t go together right... -Jessie ...
        Message 3 of 10 , May 15, 2002
          Out of all the butterick patterns I've used, not one ever
          fit together right. The pattern pieces are just 'off'.
          They won't go together right...
          -Jessie

          > Hey dear my suggestion to you is not to buy Butterrick
          > Patterns they are notirious for unintelegble
          > directions. They take the simplest thing and
          > complicate it with extra seams or tucks ect, or they
          > don't give enough directions. Even I have trouble
          > sometimes and I have been sewing for 30 years. best
          > to stick with McCalls or Simplicity if you are a
          > fairly new seamstress. HA ha ha I only look at
          > directions if I can't figure it out anyway, not to
          > smart sometimes but I get buy. Take care "Sal"
          >
          >
          > --- Angelica Harmon <aharmon1@...> wrote:
          > > Many thanks to everyone who has replied on or off
          > > list to my pleading. I've
          > > been a part of this group for awhile now, and
          > > tonight makes me remember why.
          > > You're all really wonderful, and a great help.
          > >
          > > As for the dress...it won't be done in time for
          > > tomorrow, but I will have it
          > > done for next month, when I can wear it again. The
          > > good thing is, when I
          > > finally get it done, I can sew all the easy patterns
          > > without a problem. Next
          > > stop, Elizabethan gowns! Joking...maybe 5 years from
          > > now. ;o) After my brain
          > > reforms from the stress of this project.
          > >
          > > Again, all my thanks and love go out to you all!
          > >
          > > Angelica
          > >


          =====
          Visit my website! www.geocities.com/imaginations_flight/
          - - - - - - - - - -
          �If the world could have seen what I have seen, feel what I have felt, there would be no more war, only love.� -MLC

          __________________________________________________
          Do You Yahoo!?
          LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
          http://launch.yahoo.com
        • peggy salvail
          Good to know it s not me that s off ha ha ha have a good day Sal ... __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? LAUNCH - Your Yahoo!
          Message 4 of 10 , May 16, 2002
            Good to know it's not me that 's off ha ha ha have a
            good day "Sal"

            --- Siebel San <siebelsan@...> wrote:
            >
            > Out of all the butterick patterns I've used, not one
            > ever
            > fit together right. The pattern pieces are just
            > 'off'.
            > They won't go together right...
            > -Jessie
            >
            > > Hey dear my suggestion to you is not to buy
            > Butterrick
            > > Patterns they are notirious for unintelegble
            > > directions. They take the simplest thing and
            > > complicate it with extra seams or tucks ect, or
            > they
            > > don't give enough directions. Even I have trouble
            > > sometimes and I have been sewing for 30 years.
            > best
            > > to stick with McCalls or Simplicity if you are a
            > > fairly new seamstress. HA ha ha I only look at
            > > directions if I can't figure it out anyway, not to
            > > smart sometimes but I get buy. Take care "Sal"
            > >
            > >
            > > --- Angelica Harmon <aharmon1@...> wrote:
            > > > Many thanks to everyone who has replied on or
            > off
            > > > list to my pleading. I've
            > > > been a part of this group for awhile now, and
            > > > tonight makes me remember why.
            > > > You're all really wonderful, and a great help.
            > > >
            > > > As for the dress...it won't be done in time for
            > > > tomorrow, but I will have it
            > > > done for next month, when I can wear it again.
            > The
            > > > good thing is, when I
            > > > finally get it done, I can sew all the easy
            > patterns
            > > > without a problem. Next
            > > > stop, Elizabethan gowns! Joking...maybe 5 years
            > from
            > > > now. ;o) After my brain
            > > > reforms from the stress of this project.
            > > >
            > > > Again, all my thanks and love go out to you all!
            > > >
            > > > Angelica
            > > >
            >
            >
            > =====
            > Visit my website!
            > www.geocities.com/imaginations_flight/
            > - - - - - - - - - -
            > �If the world could have seen what I have seen, feel
            > what I have felt, there would be no more war, only
            > love.� -MLC
            >
            > __________________________________________________
            > Do You Yahoo!?
            > LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
            > http://launch.yahoo.com
            >
            > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            >
            > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            > TheCostumersManifesto-unsubscribe@egroups.com
            >
            >
            >
            > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            >
            >


            __________________________________________________
            Do You Yahoo!?
            LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
            http://launch.yahoo.com
          • Terri Lee
            I too have had the same problem with Butterick. I am not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I can make historicly acurate garments from looking at CDV
            Message 5 of 10 , May 16, 2002
              I too have had the same problem with Butterick.
              I am not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I can
              make historicly acurate garments from looking at CDV
              pictures, line drawings, and fashion plates a heck of
              alot easier than I can when using any form of the
              Butterick patterns.
              Maybe we should go to Butterick and offer to show them
              what is going wrong so they make it right for us...
              Terri Lee
              --- peggy salvail <psalvail@...> wrote:
              > Good to know it's not me that 's off ha ha ha have a
              > good day "Sal"
              >
              > --- Siebel San <siebelsan@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Out of all the butterick patterns I've used, not
              > one
              > > ever
              > > fit together right. The pattern pieces are just
              > > 'off'.
              > > They won't go together right...
              > > -Jessie
              > >
              > > > Hey dear my suggestion to you is not to buy
              > > Butterrick
              > > > Patterns they are notirious for unintelegble
              > > > directions. They take the simplest thing and
              > > > complicate it with extra seams or tucks ect, or
              > > they
              > > > don't give enough directions. Even I have
              > trouble
              > > > sometimes and I have been sewing for 30 years.
              > > best
              > > > to stick with McCalls or Simplicity if you are a
              > > > fairly new seamstress. HA ha ha I only look at
              > > > directions if I can't figure it out anyway, not
              > to
              > > > smart sometimes but I get buy. Take care "Sal"
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > --- Angelica Harmon <aharmon1@...>
              > wrote:
              > > > > Many thanks to everyone who has replied on or
              > > off
              > > > > list to my pleading. I've
              > > > > been a part of this group for awhile now, and
              > > > > tonight makes me remember why.
              > > > > You're all really wonderful, and a great help.
              > > > >
              > > > > As for the dress...it won't be done in time
              > for
              > > > > tomorrow, but I will have it
              > > > > done for next month, when I can wear it again.
              > > The
              > > > > good thing is, when I
              > > > > finally get it done, I can sew all the easy
              > > patterns
              > > > > without a problem. Next
              > > > > stop, Elizabethan gowns! Joking...maybe 5
              > years
              > > from
              > > > > now. ;o) After my brain
              > > > > reforms from the stress of this project.
              > > > >
              > > > > Again, all my thanks and love go out to you
              > all!
              > > > >
              > > > > Angelica
              > > > >
              > >
              > >
              > > =====
              > > Visit my website!
              > > www.geocities.com/imaginations_flight/
              > > - - - - - - - - - -
              > > �If the world could have seen what I have seen,
              > feel
              > > what I have felt, there would be no more war, only
              > > love.� -MLC
              > >
              > > __________________________________________________
              > > Do You Yahoo!?
              > > LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
              > > http://launch.yahoo.com
              > >
              > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > >
              > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              > > TheCostumersManifesto-unsubscribe@egroups.com
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              > >
              > >
              >
              >
              > __________________________________________________
              > Do You Yahoo!?
              > LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
              > http://launch.yahoo.com
              >
              > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              >
              > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              > TheCostumersManifesto-unsubscribe@egroups.com
              >
              >
              >
              > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              >
              >


              __________________________________________________
              Do You Yahoo!?
              LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
              http://launch.yahoo.com
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.