Royal Navy Officers Uniform

  • John Cox
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
      I am trying to obtain a pattern for a Royal Navy officers full dress
      uniform of the 1840's. There a few illustrations available, and most
      are not very clear. Ultimately I intend to make or commission the
      full uniform. Does anyone know-

      1. Any sources of information or illustrations of the period;
      2. Anyone who is an expert on the subject; and
      3. Who has had any experience of making nineteenth century naval
      uniforms.

      John Cox
    • shereen68@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
        Im looking for patterns for corsettes,gater belts,chaps. Hope someone can
        point me in the right direction.
        Denise
      • PioneerVillageCC@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2001
          John,

                 This best man I have found is Michael Dollinger. He owns Smoking Iron
          8282 Clear Vista Pkwy. Bldg. 1, Suite B. Indianapolis, IN 46256
          1-317-598-6288. He has done beautiful work with just a picture!! Well worth
          the money......its an investment! Just call him.....he very good at returning
          calls quickly if he is busy.

          Lynn Jany
          Pioneer Village, Waynesville, Ohio
        • Sarah P
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2001
            Denise,

            That depends on what you're looking for. I've got patterns for 1880's and
            1890's corsets in the theatre's costume shop and I could make you a copy of
            them to send to you when I get back to school from Xmas Break. I've only
            got a week left before coming back. That is, if it's the time period you
            need. We might also have a spat pattern, but I'm not for certain on that.
            Let me know what you are looking for.

            ----Sarah
            Berry College
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2001
              In a message dated 1/3/2001 2:02:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
              Alexandreirazputin@... writes:

              We might also have a spat pattern, but I'm not for certain on that.
              Let me know what you are looking for.

              Sarah,
              I would love to have the patterns that you are talking about...please please
              send. And what's a 'spat' pattern? Thanks in advance....
              Denise