RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Pirate Hat

  • Susan Cassidy
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6, 2007
      There’s a nice black velvet ladies pirate mask on ebay for about $20 that
      might be interesting. Maybe even a brown leather-type would like good with
      your bronze taffeta skirt, too.

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 7, 2007
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Allison Pace"
        <allison@...> wrote:

        > Hey everyone... Gearing up for the pirate party and my costume is
        complete. It looks
        > amazing, but I feel it is really lacking without a hat. I made a
        hat using the Mcalls pattern
        > 4805. I am not in love with it, and was wondering if anyone had any
        suggestions. a better
        > pattern, or hopefully someone who has a pirate hat that they really
        like and can give me
        > some tips. I would really appreciate it.

        I had to come up with a couple of different hats for a show last year
        (it's one of our regular Halloween shows, but we redesigned the
        costumes so everything had a 16th-18th century feel--one was kind of
        Colonial, and the other was kind of a sailor-ish look). Lady
        MacSnood, an eBay store, has 'wagon wheel' hat blanks that were easily
        steamed into the right shapes (one was a tricorn, the other was
        loosely a bicorn, though we didn't really take it to the pointed edge
        that is common for that style). They'd also work well as a starting
        point for a musketeer-style hat.