Flags

  • Elli Gull
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2002
      Not exactly a costuming question, but related... I am making a couple flags
      for my pirate group (1690's-1731's). I've learned that most flags nowadays
      are made from nylon. What fabric(s) were used back then us to make flags?
      Any clues would be appreciated...
      Thx
      Elli Gull
    • judycat@prodigy.net
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2002
        >What fabric(s) were used back then us to make flags?
        >Any clues would be appreciated...

        Silk was used for flags

        Judy

        judycat@...
        Colonial Spinning Bee May 19 Chelmsford MA:
        http://pages.prodigy.net/judycat/_import/pages.prodigy.net/judycat/index2.ht
        ml
        Colonial Spinning Bee photos:
        http://pages.prodigy.net/judycat/_wsn/page3.html