Re-Launch of Free Classifieds Site for Reenactors

  • Tom Higgins
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      This post is to announce the re-launch of ReenactorClassifieds
      (http://www.reenactorclassifieds.com), an online marketplace for
      living historians and reenactors. The site encompasses all American
      time periods from Early Colonial to World War II. Users can buy, sell
      and swap costumes and gear; post and find event and recruiting
      information; make genealogical connections; find services providers
      who cater to living historians; and browse the reenactor personals.
      Even commercial listings are free. Simply register and confirm your
      valid email address to post ads. Links to ReenactorClassifieds are
      very much appreciated.

      If you were a registered user of the original ReenactorClassifieds and
      have previously posted ads, we apologize that you will need to start
      over again. Unfortunately, the original bulletin board system was
      heavily spammed with inappropriate content, forcing us to take it
      down. The newly installed classifieds script and newly re-launched
      site represent a vast improvement. The only problem is that we
      couldn't migrate the old ads or member information to the new
      platform, so we need to start with a completely clean slate, which we
      have just done.

      One of the courtesies we offer is free banner advertising on a "space
      available" basis to non-profit reenactment groups, living history
      museums and historic preservation causes. All we ask for in return is
      a reciprocal link from these organizations' web sites to
      ReenactorClassifieds.com. If you are associated with a qualifying
      organization and would like to take advantage of this opportunity,
      please contact me or reply to this post and I will answer with details.

      Please rest assured that posts like this one will be few and far
      between. We understand that everyone gets a ton of spam and have no
      intention of abusing the privilege to communicate with you
      occasionally.

      Tom Higgins