Re: Mic Pac Belts

  • Hansen, Lia
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2007
      We use 3" wide elastic and muslin to make the bags. The wider elastic
      keeps them more stable. Our sound guy had us add a narrow piece of
      elasitc at the top with a snap to the pouch to help hold the battery
      packs in the pouch. I use snap tape on the edge and underlap to close
      them and some of the guys like an across chest shoulder strap of
      narrower elastic. We take tucks in them all the time. We label them
      with students' names and hopefully they all come back at the end of the
      show. The sound team doesn't want to wash them, so they usually do!

      Lia Hansen

    • Mom IS my real name
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2007
        I've never had to keep track of mic pacs, but something I've done to
        help performers help me keep track of similar small things is to hang a
        shoe bag somewhere handy backstage - the kind that goes on the back of
        a door and has several pockets for shoes. I put a sticky address label
        with a performer's name on each pocket and slip in a little checklist
        or reminder of what I expect to find back in the pocket after each
        costume change or performance. That way I know right away WHOSE stuff
        is missing. Extra pockets are perfect for water bottles, too, if
        they're allowed backstage.

        Janelle
      • Erika Nguyen
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2007
          Thank you so much!

          It IS nice to know many of us experience the same problems!

          Best,

          Erika

          ===========================

          Erika C. Miller

          Outreach Director

          The Chance Theater

          "Off-Broadway Theater in O.C."

          714.777.3033

          714.777.3092 fax

          erika@...

          www.chancetheater.com <http://www.chancetheater.com/>

          *2007 Recipient of the LADCC Polly Warfield Award for Excellence

          Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award-winning Musical!
          Sunday in the Park with George
          by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine

          directed by Oanh Nguyen

          musically directed by Bill Strongin