Green tinted glasses

  • Diana
    Message 1 of 7 , May 9 12:26 PM
      We're planning an event based on the Citizens of the Emerald City from
      Wicked. I would like to find a place to acquire green tinted round
      glasses as cheap as possible to distribute. I saw them in a party
      store once but they only had a couple left. I keep finding assorted
      colored sets online but not just green and not for less than five
      bucks each. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • Susan Cassidy
      Message 2 of 7 , May 9 1:39 PM
        Do you mean eyeglasses or tableware?

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , May 9 2:56 PM
          Eyeglasses for costuming the citizens of the Emerald City. Sorry if I
          wasn't clear.

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Cassidy"

        • spidra@speakeasy.net
          Message 4 of 7 , May 9 3:45 PM
            > > We're planning an event based on the Citizens of the Emerald City from
            > > Wicked. I would like to find a place to acquire green tinted round
            > > glasses as cheap as possible to distribute. I saw them in a party
            > > store once but they only had a couple left. I keep finding assorted
            > > colored sets online but not just green and not for less than five
            > > bucks each.

            3.99 apiece

            http://www.slingshop.com/product/Pot-Of-Gold-Glasses-/156854
          • bearhedded
            Message 5 of 7 , May 10 9:51 AM
              Believe it, or not, lenses dye very well in Rit! Leave them in the frames, which will also
              take the color...start in warm water, bring the temperature up slowly, and watch like a
              hawk...if you go too high, they will warp! They will be a little cloudy when you're
              done...this will buff away.
            • Diana
              Message 6 of 7 , May 14 12:46 PM
                --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "bearhedded"
                <bearhedded@...> wrote:

                Thanks. I may try that.

                > Believe it, or not, lenses dye very well in Rit! Leave them in
                the frames, which will also
                > take the color...start in warm water, bring the temperature up
                slowly, and watch like a
                > hawk...if you go too high, they will warp! They will be a little
                cloudy when you're
                > done...this will buff away.

              • Diana
                Message 7 of 7 , May 14 12:52 PM
                  > > > We're planning an event based on the Citizens of the Emerald
                  City from
                  > > > Wicked. I would like to find a place to acquire green tinted round
                  > > > glasses as cheap as possible to distribute. I saw them in a party
                  > > > store once but they only had a couple left. I keep finding assorted
                  > > > colored sets online but not just green and not for less than five
                  > > > bucks each.
                  >
                  > 3.99 apiece
                  >
                  > http://www.slingshop.com/product/Pot-Of-Gold-Glasses-/156854

                  Thanks.