Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] question about payment

  • Julia Logan Trimarco
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2002
      >From: "theresa b" <trinithree@...>
      (anyone on here familiar with the machaydn Theatre in
      >Chatham NY)

      >theresa

      I grew up in the Albany Capital District (near Chatham), and although I've
      never seen a show at the MacHaydn, I know of them. A few months ago I worked
      with a woman at the New York State Theatre Institute in Troy (also
      nearby)who does alot of design/coordinating for them. Of course I'm awful
      with names, and her's slips my mind, but she's a lovely woman, really
      pleasant to work with. From what I could tell, it sounds like you are well
      qualified to work there. If you've never done summer stock before, though,
      watch out. They will take all of your time, and likely load you down with
      work. Those under you may not be very experienced. So be patient! On the up
      side, summer stock is usually a fun-loving atmosphere, and if you really
      want to make a good impression your first day, bring goodies!
      And above all, TAKE PICTURES!
      I've been working about ten years, worked in many shops and schools, and
      it's shameful how few good pictures of my work I have.
      Good luck!
      -jypsie

    • Sarah P
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23, 2002
        YES!! That's the book. VERY good book for detail, 1650-1950's or so. I'd
        recommend it to anyone who has need to research historical costume,
        especially when researching upper-class society. What's better than to look
        at the real thing? Paintings can only tell you so much about a garment.

        ----Sarah