Costume History

  • David
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007
      I spent last summer doing the same thing, and had great luck at the
      Victoria and Albert Museum site. Their entire costume collection is
      online. You have to sign up for membership (which is free), but once
      there you can download to your hearts content. Every costume piece has
      several different views, including close ups of fine details. You can
      also search by year or period and it will bring up museum wide images
      (ie: furniture, art work) that fall within the search parameters. Good
      luck.

      David Juby
      Head of Wardrobe
      Sheridan College