Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Selling items from patterns?

  • Aurora Celeste
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2007
      You need to contact the individual companies, because each company's policy
      is different. Giants like Simplicity or McCalls usually have a standard of
      50 pieces, meaning that you can sew from a pattern up to 50 pieces from
      their company. Each sewing has to have a separate pattern paid for by the
      client, the easiest way is to have the client buy the pattern and bring it
      to you and then give it back with the garment. Over the limit (in this case
      the 50 pieces) a sewer needs to get a commercial license from the company
      they are using. I recommend you search the terms of use on the big pattern
      company websites and if your sewers are using a smaller company have them
      research the company and provide you with terms of use along with the
      garment.

      ~Aurora