Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Tyvek?

  • NJgardner@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2007
      Do you really *need* to make coveralls? You can buy coveralls ready made
      pretty cheap. There are different styles of Tyvek...not sure the stuff you
      would find at the building supply stores would be flexible enough for
      clothing.
      Its not hard to sew, but is sensitive to heat so you can't press it. One
      online catalog you might try is ULINE.com for rolls. You'd have to check
      with them for the style. I have more sources at work I think for both. How
      much are you looking for? You might check the duPont site and look for a
      distributor. There might be one in your area who has a roll he can sell you.
      Pat
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2007
        Tyvek is also used by companies like Kinkos to make signs for advertising...

        garbageshirlgrl <RosePrincess24@...> wrote: Does anyone know where one can get tyvek (polyethylene) on a roll like
        fabric? We need to make coveralls and we cannot seem to find any. Does
        anyone know where to find this stuff? THANKS!

      • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2007
          Here's the first of many places I found coveralls:

          <http://www.protective-clothing.net/ProductCart/pc/viewCat_I.asp?idCategory=118&gclid=CMb90JD-4YsCFRGCGgodsRp1VQ>

          Or:

          http://tinyurl.com/yo3s5f

          Singles are only $4.15. Doubt you could make them for that, counting
          people hours.

          HTH,
          Sandy

          At 08:47 PM 4/26/2007, you wrote:

          >Does anyone know where one can get tyvek (polyethylene) on a roll like
          >fabric? We need to make coveralls and we cannot seem to find any. Does
          >anyone know where to find this stuff? THANKS!

          "Those Who Fail To Learn History
          Are Doomed to Repeat It;
          Why They Are Simply Doomed.

          Achemdro'hm
          "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
          -- C.Y. 4971

          Andromeda
        • rita marx
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2007
            A company called Masterpak sells soft Tyvek on rolls. Good luck!