re:organizing costuming storage

  • cyncorley
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2007
      If you will have multiple people/student designers in your storage
      (which can be a problem)I have learned a few tips.

      One thing I have learned is to keep one open rack for hanging rejected
      items on. If they can't remember where they found something, once an
      item is put back in the wrong place it can disappear forever... (like
      the ark at the end of that first Indiana Jones movie!)

      It is better/quicker if I do the rehanging and a once-over tidying up
      once a week or so.

      I also have the intro talk before I let them work in the space where I
      explain the storage system and my picky rules like putting hats back
      in boxes properly so they don't get smooshed, hanging things facing in
      the same direction so the size tags are visible,hanging trousers on
      the hanger properly, etc. Anal-retentive? Why, yes! A good quality for
      wardrobe managers!