Re: Men's suit sizing

  • Zimmerman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 10:56 AM
      Hi mcanterdale:

      I am not an expert in this area and find it difficult myself - especially given the different
      kinds of cuts for suit jackets. However, when fitting a suit to someone with a bit more in
      the midsection, I tend to use that area as my measurement base (as if it were chest) so the
      jacket is able to be buttoned appropriately ...then alter down the rest of the jacket in other
      areas if necessary. It seems "vented" jacket styles work a bit better with this body type.
      Then I check for "standard" fits elsewhere like sleeve length, enough ease, no rippling, etc.

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "mcanterdale" <mcanterdale@...>